It's Okay

“She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten.
That even as she hesitates and wavers,
even as she thinks too much
and moves too cautiously,
she doesn't always have to get it right.
It's okay to look back, even as you move forward.”
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Comeback Season





Friday, June 11, 2010

The Kindness of Strangers, LaFamiglia, and nearing the end of Serenity by the Sea

Thursday was an interesting day!  It was unremarkable in many ways but very remarkable in other ways.  Amy and I were up early she was going to get a 7:30 am massage and I was holding down the beach home with Sophia until she returned. She came back after a chatty and more pressure then desired massage from Nancy, at Grayton Beach Massage.  She is somewhat sore this am.  I was suppose to go to the same lady at 11:00 but I had found another one even closer so I canceled and went there instead.

I am so glad I did. The name of the place is 'For The Health of it.'  It is a Natural food store, Juice Bar & Massage Therapy.  It smells heavenly when you enter the store.  My therapist was Suzanne.  She was close to my age but very fit, chatty as well, but very sensitive,understanding and kind.  I  have found that karma will sometimes put you in certain places, at certain times,because you are meant to meet someone, or do something, or just make an encounter that will have a life changing effect on your present situation.  Suzanne was all of the above. Meeting her was like finding a long lost friend.  We were instant kindred spirits.  I felt comfortable sharing some of my most private feelings and she did the same.  I not only got a wonderful relaxing massage but I found a special person that made me feel like perhaps I am not like the story book   
Humpty Dumpty after all... ....

'Humpty Dumpty set on a wall
 Humpty Dumpty had a great fall
 All the Kings horses and all the Kings men
 Couldn't put Humpty together again'


Last night we traveled quite away up into Destin to eat at a small family run Italian restaurant called 'LaFamiglia'  It was nice, homey and very nicely put together. They all spoke Italian, looked Sicilian with dark skin, hair and spectacular white teeth.  As Sophia would say Oooh La La.  The tables were set with pretty dishes, goblets, and napkins. Your waiter or waitress then came and placed your napkins in your lap and brought hot bread and of course the garlic oil for dipping.

Sophia was flirting with our waiter and he was flirting right back.  Must be those Roma genes huh!  Amy got Shrimp ravioli in a white wine sauce. She also got a gold star because she cleaned her plate(she might have really sopped it up if she was at home) haha.  Sophia and I got Spaghetti and Meatballs.  They were delicious o but more then either of us could handle.  We should have shared a plate, but I will say Sophia has the technique of twisting her fork just right to get those noodles up and into her small little luscious lipped mouth.  We finished up with homemade Ricotta Cheesecake drizzled with chocolate and a dollop of whip cream.  It was light and perfect o.


 We came back to our beach home, set on the balcony and just chilled listening to the ducks call out and took in the lazy hazy summer evening.  A beautiful day.  One I will keep as a memory for the rest of my days. Thank you God for showing me your generosity, love and spirit through the kindness of strangers who are now sweet memories.

No comments:

Post a Comment

'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.