It's Okay

“She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten.
That even as she hesitates and wavers,
even as she thinks too much
and moves too cautiously,
she doesn't always have to get it right.
It's okay to look back, even as you move forward.”
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Comeback Season





Saturday, June 12, 2010

Early Morning Tribute

Woke up early this morning!  I am sitting outside on our balcony.  One last time to watch the gulf, listen to the sounds of silence as the birds and animals reign freely over the out of doors, before human beings get up and overtake the animals and other creatures natural domain.  It is peaceful, quite and serene.  This truly is 'a day the Lord has made'.  I am sad to leave this beautiful resort, but I am looking forward to venture on to the rest of our travels.  It has been wonderful to spend time with Amy and Sophia, our time together has been easy, relaxing and special in so many ways.

Here in a little while we will head out to 'The Donut Hole' for one last time (it is a Lane tradition) then we will begin our drive up to Vicksburg, Mississippi to spend the night ( I can always spell MISSISSIPPI) because of the easy way we learned to spell it, according to Curt. M I crooked letter, crooked letter, I, crooked letter, crooked letter, I humpback, humpback, I.  Curt taught this to Hunter and Oliver on one of our little adventure's we took them on, fun, fun times we had together.

On Sunday morning we will make our way to Plano, Texas to spend some time with two of our beautiful nieces and cousins and their families. We are looking forward to seeing their homes and the area they live in.

Tuesday, Yukon, Oklahoma here we come!  Brother Jim, Sister Nancy, Jodee and family will be our host for a few days.  They always make you feel welcomed and joyful in your presence. It will be a fun experience I am sure.

Friday, we point the car back towards Tennessee. We will make our way through Arkansas, and give a shout out to nephew Drew Patrick over in Fayetteville and will pause for remembrance in (Toad-suck) Conway, Arkansas to remember Curt's Aunt Virginia, Uncle Willard, and his other relatives up in Harrison, Arkansas, that formed the strong Lane roots that made him the strong, steady, loving, talented and gifted man that he was. I was blessed to be apart of his life for 41 years and I treasure every single moment.  We will spend the night in east Memphis, Tennessee and then home to Powell, Tennessee on Saturday.

A journey full of old memories and new ones too!  My only regret will be that we couldn't work it out to travel on up to Aurora,Colorado to see Brother Butch, Sister Brenda and sweet Kendall and Trent.  who knows maybe I will get there yet............ya just never know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.