Last week Chris and the boys were over to help clean out the gutters. Allof the helicopters from the Maple trees really did a number on the gutters in this neighborhood this spring. They visited for awhile and then they were off to do other boy things...:-} On his way out the door Hunter said "Memommie I left you something in the computer room" I said okay thanks. After awhile I went back and there was four sticky notes with hearts punched out and the 3 most precious words another human being can say to one another 'I LOVE YOU'. I was so touched by this small but treasured gesture by Hunter. He is a young man of few words but he reminded me of his Big Daddy, Chris, and Amy. They have all always done very similar gestures over the years, so he brought back lovely memories of other special moments in my past.
Oliver came over yesterday to spend the day with me. We had a grand day. Lunch at Red Robin, the latest Shreck Movie, video store to get' Alvin and The Chip-monks Screeched' and 'Madea goes to Jail' which snuck in but soon was turned off!!!! Bo Jangles chicken for supper and then stretched out on the living room rug playing trains and Legos. (I tell you those two items have withstood our kids, our grandkids, and visiting dignitaries from other universes) After an hour or so Oliver said "Memommie, look I made you something", I looked up and he had made a sign in Lego's that said those 3 precious words 'I LOVE YOU'. Now I ask you am I blessed or what.
No comments:
Post a Comment
'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.