| Big Daddy Lane's Wood Shop |
| Dulcimer's Waiting...... |
| Worn Out Broom and Saw Dust Shavings |
There are many people, things and places that I personally have associated smells with in my memory. Some may be part of your memories also and you may have some that I can't think of right now but would enjoy remembering.
Here are a few that are my favorites:
Fresh linens off the clothes line
Just ironed clothes
lavender scent
rosemary scent
babies rubbed with baby lotion after their bath
fresh baked cookies
crisp mountain air on a fall morning
a bowl of newly picked apples
smell of burning leaves
grilling out doors on a picnic
towels just out of the dryer
spaghetti sauce stewing
fresh ground coffee
fresh mown hay
burger king
abercrombie and fitch
summer rose's
lilacs in the spring
turkey baking in the oven
coal burning in a stove when arriving at Grandma Johnson's neighborhood
shaving cream
cucumbers
dill
basil
peppermint
evergreen fir Christmas trees
shoe polish
old spice
sawdust
cedar
eucalyptus
gain detergent
I know there many more aroma associations that I have misplaced and or forgotten.
The five senses that most of us probably haven't thought about since grade school are the sense of smell, the sense of sight, the sense of sound, the sense of touch, the sense of taste. I like so many others take them, as we do many other God given abilities, for granted. We become comfortable and accepting of the senses and we do not fully appreciate them or even realize how much we need them until they turn up missing.
I am fortunate enough to say that I can still use my senses. ( I know what you are probably thinking here"Does she still have the ability to think sensibly? haha) I am thankful that I have been blessed by them and the advantages of using them daily make my life so much fuller. Even though many earthly and worldly things are gone from my life, I can still feel, see, touch, hear, smell and taste what life has to offer. God is good.
LSL
No comments:
Post a Comment
'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.