Today has been a day worth writing home about...
"Either do something worth reading or do something worth writing."
Benjamin Franklin
Don't just learn, experience.
Don't just read, absorb.
Don't just change, transform.
Don't just relate, advocate.
Don't just promise, prove.
Don't just criticize, encourage.
Don't just think, ponder.
Don't just take, give.
Don't just see, feel.
Don’t just dream, do.
Don't just hear, listen.
Don't just talk, act.
Don't just tell, show.
Don't just exist, live.”
The desire has been there but the motivation has been null and void. I have had a small burst of energy this week and have been able to return to some socialization, which has been uplifting and encouraging. Earlier in the week the east Tennessee weather was pleasant enough to do a 'wee bit of porch sitting and conversing' with neighbor Pam, it felt good to do something normal at The Lane Home Place. I was delighted to spend an afternoon of playing cards in a warm and comforting atmosphere, followed by a homemade Italian meal, with a scrumptious cherry cream cheese dessert prepared by Cathy, and shared with Jennifer, Sue and I, priceless in it's ability to uplift. Lady luck was riding on my shoulder and provided us, my partner and I, with unbelievable card hands! Wow, just wow!
I also managed to do some much needed retail therapy, and found some deals to make me happy, win, win on all accounts. This morning Mother nature has once again tried to present us with a full blown Dogwood winter, she has quite a few tricks up her sleeve, including snow in the Smoky's, just praying with Easter Week on the horizon, and the beautiful flowering plants, shrubs and trees ready to anoint us with a beautiful ending to spring, that it will not harm this colorful, and delightful feast for the eyes, even with the pollen count through the roof, it is gorgeous on every highway and by way in east Tennessee.
I felt up to a little investigative adventure this am and ventured over to try a new business, I had heard about called 'Artisan Cakery', a new, small European style café, of course, in west Knoxville...someday the north area of town, will arrive and become equal to the west side of town, I went, I tried, and it was delightful, with intriguing, cakes, pastries' and a simplistic, contemporary décor.
I had the Honey Cake, with it's origins from former USSR countries, I support Ukraine, so I will think of it as a Ukrainian Honey Cake.
Medovik is a layer cake popular in countries of the former Soviet Union. The identifying ingredients are honey and smetana (sour cream) or condensed milk. It was a great choice, and one I will make again and again, along with a Cappuccino a pleasant beginning to the rest of the day to come. Pictures to follow, I will say the price is premium $$$ for dessert and café, but I enjoyed the quiet time and the moments I got to chat with a couple of the lady baristas, whom by the way, wear darling pinafore aprons, reminding me of a village shop apron.
Made a stop at Trader Joe's for some browsing therapy, always interesting items, people and positive vibes at this establishment. Ranunculus flowers were calling my name so a bouquet came home with me, and now are brightening the home place .I found a bottle of wine that I purchased because I liked the cut glass design of the bottle, the young vivacious lady checking me out had all kinds of ideas for its use, along with the basil, and whether to plant one and use one theory, all kinds of information for these old ears to hear today...it was a invigorating, high on life, no drugs, no alcohol just living life kind of day...One disturbing event happened when I was parking, a man was standing on the corner and playing his electric Violin, it was so hauntingly beautiful, I was ready to do a video when I heard him stop, I looked up and there were two security personal asking him to leave, no panhandlers, playing to make money is allowed. I am not sure how I feel about that encounter. The only dark spot on a rather charming and fulfilling day.
Easter card from friends Sue and Ted in California, a touching keepsake scrapbook made by Sue, of some of the times we shared together after 53 years apart, of Sue Bailey Cole, and Lynda Lawson VanDyke, and Linda Johnson Lane. What a thoughtful remembrance keepsake, a few teardrops on that one, for sure, for sure. A book, a note and a tug on my heartstrings, from brother Jim's thoughtful, considerate, kind and caring lovemate Tricia. Life brings people, places and assorted this and that's into our lives in the most unexpected way's, Tricia is so generous in her thoughtfulness of me and so many others, she is a full blown professional woman who is business plus, constantly on the go, always up for an adventure, a daughter, a sister, a Mom, a Grand Mom, a lovemate, friend and colleague, but always, is looking, seeing, and considering of the large and varied inner circle of people, when she happens upon a small remembrance that they might like and relate to, she compliments my brother Jim, and has given him a new lease on life, grateful to be around this woman and her multifaceted super powers that she sprinkles and sparkles on those she loves and cares about. Thanks Tricia and Jim, you both are my very own earthly angels, you have made me, as you have several times before this, smile knowing beyond a doubt that I am cared for by you.
“Accept yourself, love yourself, and keep moving forward.
If you want to fly, you have to give up what weighs you down.”
.jpg)





.jpg)


I am not sure if you have had this blog and I didn't know about it, or if it is brand new. No matter, your words are always a joy and an inspiration, thoughtful and insightful. Thanks, Linda, for sharing this.
ReplyDeleteSue