“When
you trust your inner guidance and begin moving in the direction of your dreams
(aligned with your individual gifts) you will be cloaked in an armor bestowed
upon you by your guardian angel.”
-Charles
F. Glassman.
Once in awhile I receive a
little nudge from the heavenly realms.
Yesterday, I was busy
putting Lane Home Place back together again, preparing to change out the
seasons, and everything was helter skelter. I had a few errands to run so I
decided to make a quick trip out to west Knoxville to pick up what I needed.
One thing led to another, and I ended up at Tuesday Morning hoping to find that
last thing I needed. I have not been shopping as of late, I have not been
inspired to do so, but yesterday my energy level got a boost, so I pushed
myself to stay on task. I knew where I wanted to look in the store but I was
drawn to the right where the Christmas decorations are, I have no need for
more, but like I said I was drawn to that area.
Curt was a person who loved
Christmas, practical jokes, and did not mind embarrassing you if it was the
right time and place. A famous and memorable moment was when we were at
Walmart, and we were separated, he knew where I was, he started throwing his voice
and using a Mexican accent, which he was quite good at because he worked in the
fields with the brasero’s when he was in high school, he started saying in a
loud accented voice “Lin’da, Lin’da, Lin’da,” over and over again, I heard him
but I refused to answer, Amy was with him and she was cracking up. Finally, I
gave in and said “What Curt, what do you want?”. He had gathered quite a crowd
by that time, thinking he was looking for a small child that had wondered away,
not a grown agitated woman…the life and times of and memories of a marriage
that was always fun and interesting.
Anyway, yesterday at Tuesday
Morning, I was definitely given the Curtis Lane, Lin’da look, look, look, whisper
in my ear. I looked down and there was an ornament, with a football player in an
orangish jersey with the number 78 on it. I picked it up and said “okay Curt I
got it for our Ollie’s tree, thank you ‘Big Boy’, my pet name for him, he
called me Babe! It was the only football ornament, amongst the many displayed...the lady at the register said wow, that is unusual, are you going to paint out the number, I laughed and said no, that is my grandson's # at UT. I came home with a treasure for our Big O’, and a burst of
loving energy from my sweet love from above. A good day filled with unexpected gifts filled with heartfelt delight! Christmas is coming...the presents now given, are more difficult because the people I buy for have all
they need or want. So sometimes it is the small thought-provoking gifts, that
to me bring the most joy, as the giver, and to the receiver. Last week, I was
able to find a few too. As the title of my blog says, “Looking Back...while going Forward”, it is what has kept me up and running, knowing I am never alone…
| Some things are meant to be...this was one of them... |
“Sometimes
I need someone to turn the page for me
–
kind of like the angel did for Gideon.” –










No comments:
Post a Comment
'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.