I am beginning to realize that no matter how much time or distance you put between an event or an occurrence there seems to always be a relationship, or a memory that triggers something that takes you back to what had occurred previously.
I guess what I am discovering, although I have unconsciously been somewhat aware of it, is that the relationship between the past and the present are connected over and over again. This is becoming more evident as I proceed on the life path that I am on. For instance last year Curt and I traveled quite a bit, to some new places and to some old favorites. Some of these places were by our choosing and some were by a series of events that led us there. I am beginning to believe that where we went, what we did as well as who we encountered was part of our destiny for the last year of our lives together.
Although I am now participating in events with family and friends that have been a part of the past, I find it hard sometimes to attend just because of the overwhelming nostalgia that happens. Even though everything appears the same I am visualizing it in a different way. It is almost as if I am living in two different worlds. Believe me when I say it is emotionally tiring to just attend sometimes. This tired feeling is not caused by anyone or anything it just is what it is.
I have always been a person that enjoys going, going, going and I still do! I was so very fortunate to be yoked to my husband Curt for 41 years because we both liked going. We were always looking forward to our next adventure. I miss my going buddy. I am blessed with lady friends that will pal around with me some, as well as couples who I share meals and conversations with on occasion, but most are not spur of the moment kind of folks, so sometimes I have already ran out of gas before I have even began.
This reason I felt compelled to write about this subject is because I think it is a valuable topic for those who are still with their special someone and their children. So many times we get so busy in our day to day lives that we forget to stop and smell the roses! Our marriage, family and friendship worked because we took the opportunity to enjoy all sorts of moments, events and travel together. We never had a large bank account to travel to exotic places but we found beauty and wonder in our area, or where we were living at the time. When we were on the road we would stop if we saw a festival happening or if a fire department or a church were having a supper or what not, we joined in and met some super nice folks. It was inexpensive but very satisfying to see the human spirit at work.
Chris took some time off yesterday afternoon and he and I went over to the Knoxville Greek-fest for a few hours. We shared some Greek food listened to some music and ran into family and friends out enjoying a lovely fall day. It was a nice way to end a week that had been mentally straining for me. I also have watched my two grandsons play football three times this week. I have been somewhat out of the loop because of being MIA in South Carolina at the beginning of the season. Being around Chris, Barbara and the boys and their friends always is an uplifting experience. It is sharing the moments that are special, it makes living worthwhile and a reason to throw your feet over the side of the bed in the morning and start all over again.
If you are reading this then take this thought with you
"Know the true value of time; snatch, seize, and enjoy every moment of it. No idleness, no delay, no procrastination; never put off till tomorrow what you can do today"
LSL
It's Okay
“She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten.
That even as she hesitates and wavers,
even as she thinks too much
and moves too cautiously,
she doesn't always have to get it right.
It's okay to look back, even as you move forward.”
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Comeback Season
That even as she hesitates and wavers,
even as she thinks too much
and moves too cautiously,
she doesn't always have to get it right.
It's okay to look back, even as you move forward.”
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Comeback Season
Saturday, October 9, 2010
2 comments:
'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Beautiful and inspiring. I love you!
ReplyDeleteHi Mrs. Lane,
ReplyDeleteWhat a year you have had! Please know that I respect you for many reasons. This blog is one of them.
I'm so glad that you and Mr. Lane were 'yoked together' and enjoyed little stops along the way.
You have such a way with words. I wish that I could express how my heart goes out to you especially in those times that are hard for you to attend a function/event.
I look forward to seeing you again soon :)
Love,
Angela McCall