Our destiny, our being's heart and home,
Is with infinitude, and only there;
With hope it is, hope that can never die,
Effort and expectation, and desire,
And something evermore about to be.”
Have you ever noticed that we have an inbred ability for expecting. We are born with this ability! God granted this innate, natural, inherent, native talent to all of his creatures. We do not have to learn how to use it, it is just there from the moment we are conceived.
I personally hadn't really thought about this aspect of, or gift that God bestows probably because of the very nature of it presence. One of the reasons that I was thinking of this and chose the title for this writing is because of the well known book for mothers to be by the title What to Expect When You're Expecting: by Heidi Murkoff, Sharon Mazel authors. Most young women now-a-days read this book faithfully. It is sort of like the encyclopedia for pregnancy and beyond.
Anyway, although this year has been wrought with many personal challenges and, low and highs in the emotional up upheavals of my life, there has also been a rekindling of my spirit by the many births that have happened not only in my immediate family, but by many acquaintances as well.
As I was thinking of these sweet precious souls, I was thinking of their commonality. What is granted every creature from the moment of being conceived? It is the natural inbred ability to expect, to look forward to, to hope, or to await, for some occurrence or outcome with a very high degree of certainty that what is being expected will happen. I find this thought absolutely profound!
“Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” (Hebrews 11:1)
We are conceived with the very word's that are quoted in this bible verse. We are conceived with a sense of expecting. We are conceived with faith as our belief system already intact. Expecting is inherent faith.
I am really not trying to run on here but I can not believe that I have lived 61 years without ever really comprehending the amazing gift that God grants us from the very infinite moment we are conceived. We just are granted this innate ability to expect to be fed, to be loved, to be given all that we need to prosper where ever we are.
Why then is faith such a challenging aspect of our lives as we become of the world? Why do we loose our innate ability to expect that we are going to be taken care of. What happens to that high degree of certainty that our needs will be met? I don't know the answer but I challenge all of you to help me find the answer. Perhaps the answer is in the beginning and in the nearing of the end. It is said that many of us, as we age, become more child like in our demeanor and our thoughts. We have to become more reliant on others for our day to day, moment to moment needs to be met. When we prepare to leave this earthly plane we once again have this natural occurrence of expectation, of faith, that we will be taken care of during the next part of our journey.
I am going to study these new precious ones. I want to learn from them. I want to participate and watch them as they go forward in their expectancy. Perhaps through them I can find answers. Here are some of the little ones names and the dates they came to be.
Anne Charlotte Pittman August 05, 2010
Katherine Livia White August 19, 2010
Lydia Mae Germano September 03,2010
They were sent here as blessings! I am so grateful to be a part of their future. Love to all who read this. LSL

Linda, I just had a chance to read this and I love it! Your writings make me take a minute to reflect and then realize how right you are. Please include me in all of your wonderful writings. God has blessed you with the gift of writing and of giving people food for thought.
ReplyDeleteThank you.
Love & Prayers
Maggie