It's Okay

“She understands now what she, in all her worry, had forgotten.
That even as she hesitates and wavers,
even as she thinks too much
and moves too cautiously,
she doesn't always have to get it right.
It's okay to look back, even as you move forward.”
― Jennifer E. Smith, The Comeback Season





Saturday, August 4, 2012

....Siblings...Special Language of Love....

To the outside world, we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. - Clara Ortega


I awoke this morning around 5:30 am to the sweet sound of little sisters chattering and laughing while they were still in bed.  It was an unusual sound for Sophia and Lydia because they do not usually share a room or awake at the same time!  I believe this is the first time that this special phenomenon has happened and I am so very thankful that I got to awaken to this beautiful musical chatter, their amusement of sharing early morning quiet time together,as well as their genuine fondness of sisterly love.  God shares moments like these in so many different ways, we need to be open to receive these gifts and rejoice in the specialness of the moments given freely and willingly to all of us. 

As Hunter and Oliver have gotten older I have been fortunate to get to observe the brotherly camaraderie that has developed gradually as they both have grown and matured into young men.  Hunter is more quiet, reserved and intense in his personality traits.  Curt and I always felt from the first moment that he entered this world that he was an old soul, you could see it deep in his eyes, and in his actions as he developed into the quiet, astute leader that he is today.  Oliver came into this world fresh and new with a challenging, yet sensitive personality.  He is interested in life as it comes but sometimes wants to skip a few steps on his way.  He is growing up and is changing daily as he reaches out to follow his brother's lead. He is known as the Mayor because he resembles his Big Daddy and his Dad in his gregarious and friendly personality.

When we were blessed with the birth of our son Chris and then 5 1/2 years later our daughter Amy, we felt honored,and privileged to share the gift of co-parenting these two very special human beings, with our Father In Heaven. We found through trial and error that parenting is probably one of the hardest, while the most joyful gift that God shares with us. The responsibility of loving, raising, and caring for children is an eternal gift and is infinite in its privilege's. I believe it is the closest we as human beings ever come to understanding the deep and abiding love that God has for us. Curt and I shared the day to day joy of watching our kids interact with one another.  Their age difference allowed us to essentially have two first children.  They were both given that individual time that all children need and crave and it allowed us to really spend quality moments with each.  As they grew up together they developed a caring brother, sister relationship, with a few skirmishes along the way.  Our fondest wish was always that our children would develop a loving and caring relationship that would abide with them through the many earthly challenges they would face and enable them to turn to one another in the years to come.  As the old saying goes "Blood is thicker then water."

I was gifted with three brothers.  Unfortunately they had to endure my oldest Sister personality, which was not always the most pleasant for them.  I was bossy, overbearing, challenging and not always kind as I tried to keep them in tow as the third in command to our parents.  Fortunately for them and for me I gradually matured and grew to realize what treasures each and everyone of them were and are to this day.  I always desired a sister, but God saw the bigger picture and knew I needed strong,courageous,generous and loving brothers in my later years to guide, direct and love me unconditionally as I stumble hesitantly forward on this journey called 'life after Curt', they have lifted me up more times then not and I love them all dearly.  What special men they all are with a gentle smattering of both of our parents to make them just right!

Over my lifetime there have been a few women that are close to being  sister figure's in my life.  To those women, and I know you will know who you are, I say thanks for willingly sharing words, time, comfort, and unconditional love with me. Family and special friends I do not take lightly, all of you could never be replaced because each and every one of you are precious and one of a kind.  God Bless. LSJL

You don't choose your family. They are God's gift to you, as you are to them. - Desmond Tutu




2 comments:

  1. I love my family... Especially you Aunt Linda! XOXO

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I Love you muchly Mindo...Thanks for being who you are all the time! XXOO

      Delete

'There is a time to speak up, and a time to be silent. A time to read and a time to write. A time to learn and a time to teach. A time to listen and a time to be heard. A time to lose and a time to gain. And for all of these things the time is now'. God Bless. LSJL

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.