Where has the time gone? The clock of my life has been speeding up and slowing down at an extraordinary pace. How has this happened? When did it happen? Why is this reality just now becoming evident to me in so many ways?
Everyday I am reminded how very blessed I have been. God has been there morning, noon and night. He has kept heavenly spirits all around me, lifting me up, showing me the way, leading me by the hand, guiding and directing my path. I have never been alone. There has also been earthly angels who have called, emailed, came, spent time sharing, listening and offering their time and energy. There have been unknown people whom have been directed to my path. I have found strength and renewed resolve from what I have learned from them.
Amazing!
Over the years Curt and I shared the joy of friendship with so many people. As most couples do, we had friends together and friends apart from one another. The simple fact that we knew of them and shared time, made them in reality our friends. The same can be said about our children's friends and acquaintances. When you think about God's family we are all linked together and therefore it is a long line of extended family that cares about us. God uses these links to help us and we in like turn do the same for them.
I have never been someone who waits well. I also try not to follow the philosophy "that it is their turn to call me." If their is a need or a desire to spend time with someone then I say extend the invitation, if they can they will, if they can't they won't, and we will do it the next time. Life is way to short to wait for the right time, or opportunity. As the saying goes 'Carpe diem'...Seize the Day.
We live in a world that is filled with the unknown syndrome. Meaning we live a life of uncertainty, therefore we need to make each moment count. I have known so many people that did not take advantage of the opportunities that were set before them, and I have seen the regret that they carry as a burden for the rest of their lives. Please do not misunderstand what I am saying here...I too have had regret for many things that have gone on before...
I took a class once led by Dr. Evelyn Laycock, a long time Director of Religion at Hiwassee College. She stressed to all that took that class, that we all have burdens. We have to let go of those burdens in order to live the life God has given us. She suggested a very simplistic act of giving our burdens to God. She said "Place your burdens in a small paper sack, tie it up and throw it a way, in doing this you are freeing your self, which will in turn will allow the Holy Spirit to direct your path." So very simple in all ways but powerful beyond belief. I have always carried those wise words with me and they have helped me to move forward. God has used this dear woman in his service to benefit so many of his children. she truly has been an angel here on earth.
Many of the earthly ministering angels here on earth that have helped me and our helping me, may read this blog. Please know that you have been so very valuable to me and my family over the years and are still lifting us up and sharing your strength, knowledge, and love as we move about our day to day lives. We are humbled by your ability to love us unconditionally and thankful for who and what you are to us. God knows all and he has shared his earthly angels and their light as we move forward. Love to all who read this. LSL
“Oh, the comfort, the inexpressible comfort of feeling safe with a person; having neither to weigh thoughts nor measure words, but to pour them all out, just as they are, chaff and grain together, knowing that a faithful hand will take and sift them, keep what is worth keeping, and then, with a breath of kindness, blow the rest away.” - George Eliot
Linda,
ReplyDeleteYou really are gifted with your way of words. Your blog is certainly a wonderful way for you to express everything you're feeling inside, and you're doing it in such a marvelous way.
Thank you for sharing this piece of you with all of us.
Love you,
Jeanie